PERRY, DEAN, ROGERS & PARTNERS, ARCHITECTS INC., in Boston, MA, seeks an architect to work within a design team.
- Work within a design team, collaborating with a principal-in-charge, project manager, and staff designers.
- Develop overall building and interior design, construction detailing and project deliverables from concept and schematic design to construction administration.
- Select materials, finishes and colors that support and develop the project's concept.
- Review cost estimates with Construction Manager or General Contractor, and recommend cost-control measures to client; work with CM to implement.
- Coordinate with engineering consultants and design consultants to deliver a coordinated set of construction documents, and in subsequent construction administration.
- Respond to information requests from contractors and issue clarifications, supplementary instructions, and design modifications as required.
- Review shop drawings for compliance with contract documents and design intent.
- Prepare architectural renderings to test design concepts and for client presentations.
- Attend on-site visits, and observe architectural aspects of the project under construction.
- Some day trips for client meetings & site visits (2-3% of time).
- Bachelor or higher degree in Architecture from a NAAB-accredited program, and a license to practice architecture in a U.S. state.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with public or commercial building projects, from the conceptual design phase through construction documentation and administration phases. Demonstrated experience in construction detailing and understanding of materials, methods and standards.
- Experience using Revit in Design Development and Construction Documents phases.
- Proficiency in widely-used architectural software including Autodesk Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and rendering programs.
Send CV w/ a cover letter to PERRY, DEAN, ROGERS & PARTNERS, ARCHITECTS INC., 177 Milk St., #700, Boston, MA 02109.